Hello World....

 Hello World. As I start a blog over again the last blog that I had well died as in the site that was hosting it died. Such as life but I enjoyed the community at the previous location. This seems like a good alternative.

2021 has been a year no the  2020s have been a decade I would love to forget. The most recent WTF is Cancer, Oral Cancer to be exact so basically Fuck Cancer outside of that phrase I will generally moderate my language.

Ok a bit about me. I am a 40 something who loves adventures both large and small close and far. I also love Cooking, Baking , exploring new foods and techniques. I also love photography and of course my family. Cooking I started at 2 years old and have loved it since then. Photography well I started that at 7 and then at around 14 I discovered more important things. A back injury led me to return to photography as part of my physio therapy . Honestly photography is the only reason I did not check out of life. Something at that point which I was seriously considering. 


This was the image that changed my mind and convinced me to start working on my physical strength.

End of the Trail. 
This was the photo that convinced me to not check out of life. It is not the greatest photo but it did show me I had potential to improve and do something. I had injured my back and as a result I was not able to do 98% of what I use to do and was having a hard time with it. 


Anywho enough of the darkness. 

I would love to be able to travel and explore a new country for an extended amount of time and by explore I mean foods and culture that is not on the touristic side of things. For lack of better words old techniques used by country or poorer parts of the population. We are at a point where what we are doing as a society as a whole is not sustainable so look back and see what is being done and how it could be brought back into rotation so to speak. Smaller farms, whole animal butchers, the list could go on. I do not think vegan is the answer because the fact it is one slice of the loop of the planet. I do not think the monocultures are the answer either due to the fact it is not healthy for the ground/planet.


Plans for this blog are still being laid out. I know it will be mainly photos but also food and maybe some life updates . Sometimes daily sometimes weekly or bi-weekly maybe only once a month I am not 100% sure


 


Midlands Watersnake. A Non-Venomous aquatic or semi aquatic snake species in my back yard. I love the colors of these guys and their sometimes feisty attitude.  

Yesterday 8 Nov 2021 I got outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and ran across this guy. This shot was taken with the Fujifilm xt-4 and 80mm macro lens. I was close to macro distance but this guys lack of sense of humor with the lens prevented that. Well that and I did not want to stress it out any. 

Comments

  1. Great start Russ! And, boy, do I agree with photography as therapy - works for me. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - maybe add a "follow" button?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Russ, Yes follow button please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I missed your blog is beyond me, but love your setting. Especially your banner is such an attention grabber. The black background makes everything stand out. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top of our list for destination for food and culture is S Korea. We were supposed to go in 2020 but guess what...... Glad I have found your new blog. Wishing you well in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts